Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Birthday Week abounds!

If I could rate Greg's birthday week for this year - it would be a simple *** (out of 5) review (he would be nice and probably give it **** (out of 5) but we all know he also finds redeeming qualities in just about every movie he ever sees - so his rating is probably a little inflated.

Let me explain - I mean there was some effort - but I don't know - I feel like it was just mediocre. I like to do it big and grand and well . . . when you see the run-down . . . it was actually pretty simple.

Monday - we gave him the gift of cheese. Fancy Havarti to be exact.

Here he is, trying to contain his excitement. I knew how to start this week off with a bang.

Tuesday - we gave him the Lego movie. Because hello, Henry wanted it and so did Rosscat.

(This picture has nothing to do with the Lego movie but everything to do with Lego- so it fits. And that plant is pretty cool looking).

Wednesday - Giordano's pizza. Which, for the record, was shipped in dry ice and was decidedly good. I was quite skeptical - but really - we will definitely be doing this again. We went with the classic Popeye pie and it was totally worth it. Greg is still enjoying the leftovers. And it came shaped as a heart. A win.


Thursday - a parade in his honor followed up with his favorite - Graham Canyon ice cream. In a nice single serving bowl. I was kind and didn't want him to pork up - that's my job right now.


Friday - Fireworks! The zoo! And a trip to the Mandarin (his first time). And a cute little boy riding the train.



Saturday - some early Happy Birthday singing (so really a fail - but I'm trying to be positive):


Sunday - More Lego stuff! Bigger Lego stuff! More pieces scattered around just waiting to be accidentally vacuumed up!



And that concludes birthday week 2014. I'm exhausted and all I did was buy some extra treats for Greg to eat for the week. Ah well - next year is a big one. I'll be back on my game.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Don't sell yourself short. I had a great birthday week!

Rachel said...

Greg turns 25 next year, right?