Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Mobile Office

I stole this idea from one of my favorite websites: Lifehacker. They did a posting about what readers carry around with them from day to day. I didn't submit the contents from my bag to them, but I thought it was a fun idea. So here is what I have been carrying around every day as an on-the-go consultant. Keep in mind that I have to basically carry my office with me for the project I am working on. I don't always have to haul this around. Just the last couple of months.


This shows the contents generally L to R, top to bottom: random folders and files from projects, my work laptop and the side-car CD drive (don't usually have that with me but happened to this day), Targus backpack inherited from KT's law school days, notebook/journal, camera case, portable camera, bandana (cuz that's how I roll), notecards, some random matchbook I picked up at a restaurant, work mouse pad, some loose change, my iPod (black & white and still going strong), ear phones, purell, business cards, my id badge, Extra gum, mouse bag, wireless mouse, a really long network cable, umbrella. Bottom row: appointment book, post-its, usb drive 1, usb drive 2, iTalk, lock, flashlight, binderclip, leatherman micra pocket knife/tool, fingrnail clipers, ear plugs (useful in many situations), laptop cable, lip stuff, pens, and a bag to hold all the loose stuff.

No wonder my back hurts when I get home!

4 comments:

Todd said...

Wow, Ross, that's a lot of stuff to be carrying around in your purse...or do you prefer to call it a "man's bag" or a "European carry-all"?

Greg said...

I prefer murse. Although man-bag works as well.

Kris Tina said...

Ross--I really think that you should just get a roller bag and roll it around Chicago with you. I knew a lady at my old job who would roll her roller bag all around the cubicles and let's face it. She was awesome.

Todd said...

Kitty, are you talking about Jackie Dodson trolling around the office with her roller bag? That was awesome. Not as awesome as your life-sized poster of Dave Matthews hung outside of your cube or the fact that I sat across from Todd Tomacruz or the fact that Denise and Ashby were roommates and everyone thought they were sisters, but awesome.